Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Wellness OERs Adopted by SMCCD Faculty
Fitness and Wellness
Wellness / Well-Being
Fitness and Wellness
- Lifetime Fitness and Wellness (Lumen Learning) In addition to the textbook this course includes discussion questions, videos, reading links and assignments.
- Personal Health and Wellness (Lumen Learning) In addition to the textbook this course includes discussion questions, videos, reading links and assignments.
- Basic Meditation Practices for the Social Services Community (OER Commons, CC BY-NC-SA) This training video is part of a series dedicated to helping child welfare workers learn practical skills to cope with the emotional tolls of their very important work. In this video, a meditation specialist goes over basic meditation practices that can be completed in or around the workplace with minimal interruption time.
- Psychology, States of Consciousness, Other States of Consciousness (OER Commons) By the end of this module, you will be able to:Define hypnosis and meditation and understand the similarities and differences of hypnosis and meditation.
- Beyond Happiness: Flourishing (OER Commons, CC BY-NC-SA) This open short course is offered through Oregon State University (OSU) Open Oregon State. The learning modules in this short course are open, self-study learning modules with no live instructor, facilitator, or enrollment requirements, as these self-paced modules are made publicly visible (student data will remain private) in Canvas.
- Nutritional Health, Food Production and the Environment (Johns Hopkins University/OER Commons) This course gives an understanding of the complex and challenging public health issue of food security by exploring the connections among diet, the current food and food animal production systems, the environment and public health, and considering factors such as economics, population and equity. Includes case studies and guest lecturers from a variety of disciplines and experiences.