Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Business OER Textbooks
- Principle of Accounting, Vol 1 Financial Accounting (2019, Openstax, CC BY-NC-SA)
- Principle of Accounting, Vol 2 Managerial Accounting (2019, Openstax, CC BY-NC-SA)
- NSCC Math for Bookkeeping (2021, NSCC, CC BY-NC-SA)
- Who's Counting? An Introduction to Accounting (n.d., CDU, CC BY-SA)
U.S. Hospitality & Tourism
Canadian Hospitality & Tourism
- Intro to Business (course) (Lumen Learning, various OER licenses)
- GCF Global Quickbooks Tutorials and Resources (2022, GCF, CC BY-NC-ND)
- Business Information Systems (2019) (Bourgeois, CC BY-NC) Includes Accessibility-compliant new edition of eBook, ancillary materials, and other instructor resources.
- Introduction to Business (Saylor Academy) A survey course that exposes students to business terminology, concepts, and current business issues. The intent is to develop a viable business vocabulary, foster critical and analytical thinking, and refine business decision-making skills using the reading materials, exercises, and research assignments in this course, which simulate the workplace today.
- Principles of Marketing (Saylor Academy) This course covers the marketing process and examines the range of marketing decisions that an organization must make in order to sell its products and services. Students learn how to think like a marketer, focusing on consumer wants and needs through four activities: creating products and services that serve consumers, communicating a clear value proposition, delivering products and services in a way that optimizes value, and exchanging (or trading) value for those offerings.
- Business Law and Ethics (Saylor Academy) An introduction to the laws and ethical standards that managers must abide by in the course of conducting business. By the end of the course, students will have a clear understanding of the legal and ethical environment in which businesses operate.
- GCF Global (Tutorials, videos, and other computer and business learning resources on topics such as Computer Basics, Excel, Office, QuickBooks and more, including teacher guides.)
- Hospitality Management (2021, ASCCC OERI, CC BY)