Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
“What's Your Vision in 2020?”
Explore the issue you most want presidential candidates to address during the campaign.
Your video should analyze the current or historical significance of your chosen issue and include differing points of view.
Students may upload their completed documentaries and submit their entry form beginning on November 1.
- Monday, January 20, 2020
The submission deadline for all entries in StudentCam 2020.
- Wednesday, March 11, 2020
The 150 prize winning videos will be announced on C-SPAN and on studentcam.org.
How Long Will It Take?
How Long Will It Take To Make A Documentary?
Students should give themselves at least one to two months to create their documentary. Below is a suggested time frame. Please keep in mind that many of these steps will overlap as students go through the process.
- Topic Selection and Initial Research: (1 week)
- Research and Scheduling Interviews: (2 weeks)
- Conducting Interviews & Shooting B-Roll: (2 weeks)
- Write your script: (1 week)
- Build your Rough Cut: (1 week)
- Edit interviews
- Find & download relevant C-SPAN clips
- Record Narration
- Add in music, transitions, text and title slides and credits
- Polish Final Film & Submit to StudentCam: (1 week)