Open Educational Resources (OER) are legally free, shareable, customizable, ready-to-use content for your classes.
Creators and users are free to retain rights, reuse content, remix content, revise content, or redistribute content.
OER materials are released under an open license describing permissions for everyone to:
- Retain -- users have the right to make, archive, and own copies of the content
- Reuse -- content can be reused in its unaltered form
- Revise -- content can be adapted, adjusted, modified, and altered
- Remix -- original or revised content can be combined with other content to create something new
- Redistribute -- copies of the content can be shared with others in its original, revised or remixed form.
OER include digital learning materials such as:
- open textbooks
- full courses
- homework assignments
- lab activities
There are many resources for OER Textbooks and the list is always growing. Check the tabs on the left navigation bar to locate subject specific OER. For information on how to cite or attribute OER, please visit our Citing OER tab.