Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Ask a Librarian!
A Reference librarian can help you:
- Determine which database is most likely to lead you to articles or materials on your topic
- Help you determine if an article or journal is scholarly
- Develop an effective search strategy for your research paper
- Choose search terms for database and library catalog searching
- Find citations from books and articles to locate additional materials
Along with accessing, searching, and finding information, evaluating information is vital. This guide reviews questions to ask about the resources and sources you discover. You can use the CRAAP Test and the 5 Ws to ask questions about websites, books or articles, videos about Peer Review and Evaluating Credible Sources, Search Tips page suggests ways to limit your searches to reliable sources.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the Skyline College Librarians.