Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library Workshops--the plan
In class, we'll explore approaches to finding & evaluating Information related to Psychology and/or Education Topics
- Librarian Introduction (chat)
- Answer Research Process Survey
- Exploring vocabulary related to your topic using Google (activity)
- Review search structures for databases (discussion)
- Breaking down a research question into search terms/ Complete Search Topics Worksheet (activity)
- Evaluating Sources (discussion)
- Lab time--search your topic and Complete Annotated Bibliography Worksheet.
Recommended Subject Databases
Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection (EBSCO and APA)
Providing information concerning topics in emotional and behavioral characteristics, psychiatry & psychology, mental processes, anthropology, and observational & experimental methods; offering full text coverage for nearly 560 journals.
ERIC - Education Resources Information Center (EBSCO)
Provides access to education journal articles and resources. The database contains more than 1.3 million records and provides access to information from journals included in the Current Index of Journals in Education and Resources in Education Index, dating back to 1966.
General OneFile (GALE)
A one-stop source for news and periodical articles on a wide range of topics: business, computers, current events, economics, education, environmental issues, health care, hobbies, humanities, law, literature and art, politics, science, social science, sports, technology, and many general interest topics. Millions of full-text articles, many with images. Updated daily.
OneSearch (To log into our databases off-campus you'll need to use your email or Canvas login.)
Search a cross-section of Skyline Library's book catalog & article databases to find:
- Magazine Articles
- Newspaper Articles
- Scholarly Journal Articles
- Video Matierals
In the search box, type the search words for a separate concept.
- Type an OR between synonymous or related words for the same concept example: (PTSD OR "childhood trauma" )
- Use quote marks “ ” around search phrases (multiple words that should be searched together), e.g. “human rights"
(PTSD OR "childhood trauma" ) immigration